<VV> why i joined corsa

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 16:46:23 EDT 2010

I think that anyone who has a collector car is a fool if they DON'T belong
to that marque's national club. Everyone can tout all the advantages they
want (and there are MANY advantages in being a member of CORSA), but I
think the most important one I've found are the contacts. I know I wouldn't
have half the Corvair "stuff" that I do, nor have had anywhere near the
fun, enjoyment, and network of Corvair friends without having been a member
of the national club. I am also a "fan" of another automotive marque, which
is an '80's car, that doesn't have a national marque club (long story on
that one), and the differences between the two are leagues apart. Those
guys "think" they can do it all over the internet. Yea, right. Dream on...

It's the unseen, difficult to describe, impossible to appraise advantages
like "contacts" that one gets by being a member of a marque's national
club. Problem is, people who are't "joiners" are simply oblivious to that,
and sadly always will be, no matter how hard you try to educate them about
it.

-Mark

NOT