<VV> <CORSA Chapters> Naysayers

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Wed Sep 8 20:45:17 EDT 2010

I'm not sure it has fell on as many deaf years as you think.

I was a member of Corvairs of New Mexico and before I joined in 1990 all
their non CORSA members were grandfathered in.  Join CNM or renew after
letting your CNM membership lapse and you had to be a member of CORSA to
join/renew.  It created an ugly seen at a club Anniversary party as one of
the club founders had lapsed and wanted to rejoin CNM and attend the party.
He went ballistic when he was told he had to join CORSA also...  They must
be getting close to 100% if they are still enforcing their bylaws,

When I moved to Elbert, CO, I joined Pikes Peak Corvair Club and Rocky
Mountain CORSA.  RMC is easy, it's one of the two 100% CORSA chapters.
Don't belong to CORSA, can't join RMC.

PPCC was about a 68% club.  I always felt bad about that as I was on the
CORSA BoD, Debbie was the PPCC president and CORSA Merchandise Chair.  I
never had a good feeling about the percentage.  I'm guessing they will be an
almost 100% chapter next summer as it is required to attend/work at the
convention in Denver.

I'm a member of CORSA, but I'm not currently a member of any chapter.  It
has to do more with being unemployed than anything else. I can afford the
$25 dues for my local club, but the meetings are really boring and the only
redeeming thing about them is they are in a restaurant.  I can't afford the
$40 it takes to feed myself and kids every month.  They actually have some
fun activities.  I'll rejoin when I find a job.

I'm not sure what CCRC CORSA policy is, they never asked me about my CORSA
status when I was a member.

Dennis