<VV> Filter first?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Sep 8 20:47:58 EDT 2010

It doesn't matter how you do it, but you made me think that on every oil
change on every car I have always removed the filter first.

In my case it is easier to drain the filter into the empty oil catch
pan, especially since I normally drop it at some point, and picking it
up out of an empty pan is easier. And much less splashing! Don't ask how
I know.... Of course if I dropped the Corvair filter into the pan I must
really be doing some gymnastics! ggg  Or the perimeter seal and rear
sheet metal needs replacing.

I also let the engine sit a while with both the filter off and drain
plug out.

Frank DuVal