<VV> Filter first?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Wed Sep 8 22:29:01 EDT 2010

At 08:47 PM 9/8/2010, Frank DuVal wrote:
>It doesn't matter how you do it, but you made me think that on every oil
>change on every car I have always removed the filter first.

OK, somebody remind me of the adaptor which allows a spin-on filter
for a Corvair, and it's NOT the one that uses the big PF2 filter that
big block Fords and Mopars use.   It's a smaller filter, not unlike
the 'Vair oil filter.

I'm starting to find it harder to locate decent oil filters without
having to order them from 800 miles away when I want one.

tony..         got 3 oil filters with those dumm channel gaskets
(were in a lot that I bought all at once, didn't check each and every
one) that I'm leery about using.