<VV> The engine turns over!

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at pobox.com
Thu Sep 9 15:31:21 EDT 2010

The full story is in my latest blog entry:

http://www.chezhawk.com/VairBlog/?p=93

(username: Karls66Vair Password: PG110Monza)

But the short of it is that I intended to do what the "Corvair Basics"
book said to do to see if you could start an engine that had been
stored. It suggested pouring ATF into each of the cylinders, wait a day
then attempt to turn the crankshaft with a wrench. The engine turned
over easily. Not bad for 20 years of storage outdoors with no particular
attempt made to store it properly 20 years ago.

Karl in Boston