<VV> For crying out loud ..../Agreement

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Sep 10 07:55:15 EDT 2010

I have been a CORSA member continuously since the late 1970s and intend to maintain my membership.  BUT, CORSA is not the only national organization to which I belong.  However, CORSA ... IS ... the ____ONLY____ one which is constantly complaining about low income / loss of membership even though it is, at $45 per year, the MOST costly.  And it returns measurably less for the dollar than ANY of the others.

Example:  One of these organizations includes an annual membership roster almost 1 1/2 inches thick and has sections organized by:  1. Alphabet; 2. Chapters; 3. Members Geographic locations; 4. Name; 5. Builders; 6. Engine; 7. Organization Constitution / By-Laws; 8. B&W Photo section; 9. Suppliers.  They include 4 partial color magazines of approximately 64 pages every year.

While it is true that friendships I have gained though CORSA are invaluable I can say the same for friendships from ALL the other clubs!

This is my personal experience ... Your mileage may vary.
Ken P

HallGrenn at aol.com wrote:

You know guys David is perfectly correct.  We are a "cost effective"
(cheap) bunch of guys who have been used to cheap cars and parts.  But a
national organization and the local clubs are competing in the 21st  century.
Outside of businesslike monitoring of CORSA's costs we would be  better served
by comparing our national costs to other car clubs to see how we  compare to
other marques.

We really have a bargain.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair