<VV> Parts> Advice on Rings (was Help - Oil Out Dipstick Tube)

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 11:17:18 EDT 2010

My Son, who is Master Cert Mech L1 for ~ 15 yr, multi-make, etc. says NEVER
depend on a "new" part. Often they are not functional for whatever reason;
incorrect size, wrong threads or not, material (breaks), length, function,
etc.  When you put a new steering rack on a firewall and it takes 2-3 hours
and it leaks, and then you eat your labor (meaning you don't get paid those
hours to re-do it), you become REALLY careful about checking new parts.
Never assume....
And even skilled mechanics/techs make mistakes - like with the second
ring...

Chuck S
BBRT