<VV> Carter YH choke question

Markpowhatan at aol.com Markpowhatan at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 15:15:17 EDT 2010

I have a 63 Spyder with rough cold running issues.  The carb was  rebuilt
by someone else, and upon inspection i noticed that the choke has spring
pressure holding it shut, even when the round black cover and coil spring are
removed.  My coil spring in the cover was installed to push the choke lever
up with the flat side on the back of the "hook" in the end of the choke
coil.  Isn't the hook there to push the choke open when sensing heat, or is
it supposed to be the other way so that the hooked end keeps the choke "from"
 opening until heat builds.  After warm up, my choke stays open with spring
 tension even after removing the round cover with the spring in it.    Any
ideas would be appreciated.     Mark  Francis    63 spyder   powhatan  Va.