<VV> 63' belt tosser! need help

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 21:31:37 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/11/2010 5:37:30 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
vairguy at echoes.net writes:

Increasing the tension seems to be helping, but if it wasnt for the  guard
on the idler I think it would still be throwing it constantly.  I  notice
quite a bit of wobble in the belt, particularly between the idler and  engine
pulleys.

Ray,
You may be experiencing a failing blower bearing. To check, remove the belt
 and with your fingers give the fan a good twist to observe it turn. It
should  not make excessive noise nor should it either turn forever or quit
after several  revs. Now watch it closely as it comes to a stop. If it gently
coasts to a  stop that is good. But if it starts to turn in the opposite
direction as it  stops, you have some bad bearings and you will have to replace
the bearing. If  all is Ok, turn the fan in the other direction and repeat
the tests.
Regards,
Bob Helt