<VV> Steering box Green Grease cocktail & Steering Shaft Coupler

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sun Sep 12 20:18:55 EDT 2010

Because it's not hermetically sealed, some moisture will seep in, especially
condensation from changes from dry to humid ?

The upper race and bearing in the damaged box, which did not appear to have
been opened before, were badly rusted.

Possibly from a bad seal, but still ...

The green stuff cost 2 1/2 times as much, and it's prettier, too !

Now the problem is lining up the *!**@*# #$%^# boot on topside of the shaft
coupler !

http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaSteeringBoxShaftCoupler.htm

Updated steering box assembly pages :