<VV> master clyinder check valves

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez vairguy at echoes.net
Mon Sep 13 06:15:59 EDT 2010

Rich,

     My understanding is that the check valves are only needed when using
DISC brakes rather than drums.  Disc brakes have very very little "travel"
in the pistons at the wheel, so the check valves are needed to keep them
from backing off and causing poor braking action.

     Drum brakes work differently...  as the rotation of the drum is
actually what fully actuates the brakes and gives maximum braking effort
rather than pressure applied by the pistons...  therefore on a drum brake
setup the check valves are completely unneccesary =)  If I'm not mistaken
the reason the originals had the check valves was simply so the same unit
could be used on other model cars that had disc brake options.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (almost done!)