<VV> doors

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 23:07:14 EDT 2010

I helped a DACC member haul A 1965 convertible body home the other day.  He
plans on replacing a rusty 1969 convertible body with this good one.
The doors on the 1965 are both dented and he says he will use the 1969
doors.  I said I don't think they will work as the hinges are different.
Is there any way to swap hinges or use 1969 doors on a 1965?
I also mentioned the difference in side marker lights and steering columns
but that didn't discourage him.  Heck, even the brake master cylinder is
different.
His lady friend is insistent that the car end up a 1969 but I tried to
encourage them to just restore the 1965 and be done with it!
Clark Hartzel