<VV> Chevy luggage rack on earlies? P.S.

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 16:00:54 EDT 2010

Being most into '63s, I also have the Accessories Installation Reference
Manual for the Chevy full-line for '63 in addition to the afore-mentioned
"Custom Feature Accessory" brochures handed out to customers which I have for
all years.  The '63 accessory installation manual index lists
"carrier-luggage" for "All Corvair 4 door sedans" as part number 985056.   Installation
thereof is detailed on page 198 where, curiously, the instructions  say the
part is for "Corvair sedans and coupes."  This is the only mention  I've
seen of a luggage rack for an early coupe.  Part number 988398 is  listed as
being for Greenbrier, Corvan and Panel Trucks.  All these  were for
installation on the roof.

~Bill Stanley