<VV> 1960 insulators

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Wed Sep 15 10:34:44 EDT 2010

I read with interest that there is some difference of opinion about the 1960 carb insulators. According to the parts and accessories catalog both the aluminum and the special asbestos plastic spacers were used in the 1960 models. Part 6255835 is the 1960 .375" asbestos plastic that was originally specified in the earliest catalog and Part 3783139 is the 1960 0.31" aluminum one shown in the 1961 catalog.  The asbestos one has the following footnote: "NOTE: For use where hot starting condition exists."  By contrast, the 1961 part number 3787453 is .1875".  My understanding is that the aluminum one was introduced to resolve carb icing.  I use these aluminum spacers on my 1960s.
Crawford Rose