<VV> New Member and 'Vairs in Frankenmuth

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Wed Sep 15 16:39:34 EDT 2010

Last weekend I was in Michigan working on a non-Corviar.
We decided to take a break and run up to nearby
Frankenmuth to check out the Friday night car show/cruise.
The entire downtown mile was packed with about 2800 really
cool cars. Of course we had to check all of them out...

My favorite was the original 1968 fiberglass flip top
funny car Camaro with bow-tie power campaigned by Dick
Harrell back in the day. It was brought to the show in a
restored Chevy C30 hauler by current owner Bill
Porterfield of the Lansing, MI area.

As we walked up and down Main Street Frankenmuth we saw
one Camaro after another Chevelle after another Nova. Most
had big blocks. All were cool. And the Novas reminded me
of New Member Bill Sowerby's 1970 Nova that he had back
when we first met at good old GMI in Flint, Michigan. Lots
and lots of Novas and other Chevy muscle cars at the show,
but NO Corvairs! I did spot a couple of air cooled VW's,
but not a single Corvair. I hope Bill has given up on
Novas and now has a Corvair in his stable. How about it,
Bill? - Caveman Pete