<VV> "Improved" vs stock in Concours - Humor?

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Sep 15 18:33:54 EDT 2010

Are you guys kidding me?

No offense to either of you. Uncle Seth's rapier wit has been called out by what appears to be Corbin's latest "Case of the Ass", which began by inciting the 100% CORSA membership ditty last week.

I think every Corvair fan can appreciate a totally stock Vair, be it a Factory Stock Original, or a Factory Stock Restored car.

But we also have to face the fact that Corvairs were marketed to several niches. The Economy Car folks,  and later the sports car crowd with the Spyder and Corsa, and probably others.  Look at all the old ads-----a "Flat Front Floor"---SO?

But there are those who build their cars for stock correctness and show, and those who use them as daily drivers.   Corvairs were basically economy cars, not a lot of frills as we know.

SEATS----LM 65-66 seats will defeat the circulation in your gluteus maximus within an hour of being seated.  They're JUST PLAIN UNCOMFORTABLE----Bench or Bucket makes no difference.   Since I want to take long drives in mine without putting my self in lower back pain and killing my butt,  I'm putting some 92 Camaro front  seats in my car. More Adjustment, much more comfortable.

 Chevy never offered a Console for the LM cars.  Someone makes them now. There will be one in my car.

Radio---Most Vairs had just a basic AM Radio.  Mine will have a CD Player and an AM/FM radio.

Tires----those 13" tires are getting tough to get, and will get tougher. My car has 15x7 Camaro rims with some good radial tires.  Not original, but will make the car handle better.

So is my car modified?  Sure is.  Just to make it more useful to me, and more comfortable to drive.

Hank