<VV> LM front parking brake cable (not a me too post)

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Thu Sep 16 19:50:25 EDT 2010

Guys,
Reading this thread reminds me of my problem.  I put a new cable into my 65 500 (with 67 column).  With the cable routed over the under-column pulley and running (at an outward angle) back to the P-brake handle; the top of the clutch pedal abrades the cable.  If I actually have the P-brake set; there is substantial interference - enough to break the cable in short order.
Is there any difference in P-brake handles (PG vs manual - as far as cable attachment)?  My other 65 has the cable running almost straight back - with no clearance issues.
Thanks,
Andy K.
Wisconsin