<VV> Stuck Door Latch

dheath at vanceandhines.com dheath at vanceandhines.com
Thu Sep 16 23:44:43 EDT 2010

I have the car sitting on jack stands and working on a variety of things.  Driver door is opening and closing just fine.  Then, I go to open it and it won't open.  You know how there are two catches?  Well, the door will latch and unlatch from the final catch that holds it flush with the body, but the next one (the first catch when you are closing the door) will not unlatch.  Door lock is working fine.  Door handles are doing their job.  Pulled the door panel and can't see anything weird or wrong.  Sprayed it with lube and nothing (at least not yet).  Tried lifting the inside handle while pushing real hard with a leg but that did not help.  Any suggestions?

Dave Heath
'65 Coupe 140/4
Cypress, CA