<VV> Corvair Sterring Box (Not Charlie's)

John O'Shea jco99 at cox.net
Fri Sep 17 17:23:07 EDT 2010

All the recent talk about steering boxes got me to thinking about the condition of the one in my 65.

I vaguely recall adjusting the lash over 30 years ago, but other than that it hasn't been touched.

The steering works fine and there is no steering box noise or roughness, but a cleanout couldn't hurt.

With the box on the car, if the locknut and wormshaft bearing adjuster are removed is it possible to wash out the old lubrication?

Jack  <Waiting for GWFBT&SM 2010>  O'Shea
Vegas Vairs/CORSA
Las Vegas