<VV> Park Brake Success ! Kudo's to All for Solution to Conundrum !

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Fri Sep 17 18:43:48 EDT 2010

Park brake works !

Stuck rear cable un-stuck and cable reaches with a little effort, and
adjustments made ...

I've tried to document some of the insights gleaned from this grueling
process :
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaParkBrakeInstallation.htm

I'll try to consolidate it with the original page, and try to make it useful
:
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaParkBrakeOperation.htm

Key bits of information that solved the puzzle :
Kudos !
=======================================
Gary Swiatowy

I seem to remember having to pull the rod on the cable with a pair of
vice grips while pulling the rear cable forward.
=======================================
=======================================
Bill Strickland
> I've looked at the pictures, and since everyting looks good, and he's
> tried this many times, and the cable is the right length, and I don't
> have a early or late LM out back to check to verify the pedal & column &
> pulley situation, the only thing that is left is what Dave Leonard
> suggested -- that the rear cables are stuck or frozen or 'caught'.

Thanks to everyone for all the brain cells they donated to this project !

All those whose <Delete> keys need replacing, can now use them for the next
problem !