<VV> Turning over starter without the key (LM)

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at pobox.com
Sat Sep 18 15:57:28 EDT 2010

  Hi everyone,

I am told (thanks, Tom), that one can turn over the starter by applying
12 volts to the purple wire that's part of a two-wire connector at the
front portion of the engine compartment on the driver's side. Is it the
purple wire circled in blue in this photo:

http://www.chezhawk.com/Corvair/PurpleWire.jpg

Is the two-wire connector the one at the bottom of the circle?

And if so, where do I apply the current? To the portion of the wire that
goes up and forward, or the one that goes down?

Thanks!

Karl in Boston