<VV> Camber Compensator

Paul Chapman corvairjunkie at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 18:07:06 EDT 2010

 My take on it, the '64's got the spring to prevent the tuck under and as a result, had to soften the rear springs to compensate for the leaf spring adding to the spring rate. The camber compensator was just that, the one I had on a '62 Spyder coupe( ok, a two door sedan for those that don't speak hot rod english!!!)was used to preload each side of the rear suspension. The way I finally had it set up, made my open(non-possi)differential act like a possi. had the preload set so both rear tires saw the same load so they both pulled the same.Both tires left the little black marks(well under a good lauanch about 4ft in 1st gear,1 1/2 in 2nd and about under afoot in 3rd and just a black patch in 4th), The thing cornered like it was on rails. My $.02's worth. Guess I'll go back to lurking now.

Paul Chapman,Corsa member
 6 and counting Corvairs
 '64-'69