<VV> Stock & Improved

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 18 21:03:51 EDT 2010

As a friend of mine would say, the two biggest lies in the English language
are "new" and "improved".

Truth is, sometimes "modified" is NOT an improvement. It may merely be
"different". And regardless of what we may think down the line, the factory
had a reason for every decision and compromise.

Also, progress and change usually improves the product, which is why LATES
ARE BETTER THAN EARLIES. (G)

But seriously, the definition of "modified" is merely "changed from what it
was", whereas by definition "improved" IMPLIES that the change was made
because the former was INFERIOR. It is this implication that is offensive
to those who like stock cars. Maybe a change IS an improvement, maybe it is
not, but that matters not to stock lovers. That is why "modified" (or even
"custom") is the correct word to use, and NOT "improved". Hope this clears
things up.

-Mark

Stock...  GGGG