<VV> - Octane then - for Sunoco 190 and 210 ?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:55:47 EDT 2010

I don't remember the octane ratings changing.

What has changed is to what extent the fuel is refined, and what additives
they are adding to get to that rating.

That plays in a large part on how our antique poorly aspirated and poorly
carbed engines run on the fuel.

Better fuel delivery, easier breathing intakes and exhaust, and better spark
at the right time has kept up with emissions requirements for the fuel.

Hence, a Corvair engine with EFI and DIS really does run smoother than a
stock carbed and distributer engine can. Open up those airways a bit, and
the engine really is competitive with todays motors.

Mark Durham