<VV> Pinging question resolved

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Mon Sep 20 23:02:40 EDT 2010

After all the hub-bub, I decided to try an experiment.  Today I put in 9 gallons of 93 octane with the remaining 5 gallons of 87.  I figure the average octane was about 90.8.

   At this point, I must confess I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!! The car ran so differently it seemed as though someone took the gas cap off and put a new car under it!!

      I repent.  I have been shown the error of my ways. From now on I'm only going to run premium.  I can hardly wait to see what it runs like with all 93 octane fuel in the tank!!!!

   By the way, as far as facts go, the 1965 owners manual in the glove box specifically says the 110 Super Turbo Air engine requires PREMIUM fuel.

Randy (cap'n) Hook

65 monza 4dr  110/pg

63 ragtop  84/pg