<VV> Early vs. Late - issue of the superiority

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 23:07:07 EDT 2010

Sorry guys, no picture. All I remember is when I took the pan off in the
investigation phase (after the dismal compression check), there were no gear
teeth sticking out at the bottom, and there were a bunch of plastic chunks
of teeth that came down with the pan.  I went to my usual auto parts store
and got the necessary parts including a new cam with aluminum gear already
on it, and rebuilt the motor. They said Chevy had done a run of those
because they ran quieter, but they, the parts store, had had a lot of
business from Chevy owners, it wasn't just the Corvair.
This was a late 62 almost 63, so was assembled in mid 62, and I had this
happen in 1969 or 1970.
Mark Durham