<VV> Subject: Re: To Ping or Not to Ping ? - "Premium" vs. "regular"

Sweet, Bill Bill_Sweet at alliedtelesis.com
Tue Sep 21 14:59:26 EDT 2010

On Sept 20 J.R. Read wrote:

Bill,

Turn your radio down.  A 140 on 87?  In my opinion, you are kidding yourself, unless you NEVER get into the secondaries.

We ARE in agreement on de-flashing the heads.

Final note - synthetic oil should be the oil of choice - though you did not mention that.

JR,

That is why I mentioned that the previous owner may have put extra copper cylinder spacers in the rebuild he did.

I do not use synthetic oil, and the radio is used very little. Everyone tells me the same thing you did, and yes I get into the secondaries quite often.

But, the thing I failed to mention is I have a 550 CFM Carter 4 barrel supplying the fuel, jetted to give the best economy.

I will make my next fill on 91 or 92, and see what difference I note.

I intend to put the 4 carbs back on the motor as soon as I finish their rebuild.

I will let all of you know the results when I make the changeover.

Bill Sweet
Silicon Valley Corsa
Office: 408-519-8754
bill_sweet at alliedtelesis.com