<VV> GM 1965 Manual Section 6 - carbs -

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Tue Sep 21 21:33:48 EDT 2010

OK, now that at least makes sense, and I learned something !

So, the process seems to be to disconnect the right carb from the left carb, so that the "primary" setting on the left can be made without interference from the "follower" carb on the right.

Yes, I saw step 8, which makes more sense now as the "controlling" carb.

Let me run that through my tiny CPU ...
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaCarburetors.htm

Thanks
Charlie

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack Kean
  To: Charles Lee
  Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org
  Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:49 PM
  Subject: Re: <VV> GM 1965 Manual Section 6 - carbs -

  Step 8 in your list of steps is your clue. You highlighted every L/H or R/H carb reference except the one that answers your question. Take a look at the sentence that states " adjust throttle rod on the L/H carburetor....". That's the simplest way to determine that the Left Hand Carburetor is the one with the adjustable throttle rod. It is located on the L/H (Drivers side) of the car, as seen from the rear. In this case all of the references are made from the rear of the car looking forward, which is how these adjustments will be made (as long as the engine remains in the stock location).

  regards,

  jack kean
  arlington, tx