<VV> GM 1965 Manual Section 6 - carbs -

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Tue Sep 21 23:10:36 EDT 2010

Jack,

I pulled the carbs because it's to dark to see what I'm doing and I can take them inside where I can see !

The engine is running rich and stinking up the neighbor just running to to tune it !

I just love when people say not to "over think" something !  Just what exactly does that mean ?

I see what you mean, but I've seen enough books where I tear my hair out trying to do what it says, only to find that it was stated wrong, or they left something out, etc.

Here are just a few "under thinking" author's mistakes from my Physics text book at Cal State (errors that have been in the book since 1964) :
www.properproper.com/UniversityPhysics080539106XErrata.htm

I understand that "following directions" is important, but, first, they aren't always right, and second, it helps to understand what you're doing (unless you're in a war zone where following orders is something different ?)

Charlie
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack Kean
  To: Charles Lee
  Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org
  Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:51 PM
  Subject: Re: <VV> GM 1965 Manual Section 6 - carbs -

  you adjust each carburetor separately. First the L/H (adjustable linkage), then the R/H (fixed linkage).

  Then, with the one with the fixed link (the R/H) connected to the cross-shaft, you adjust the link on the L/H carb to match the location of the cross shaft defined by the R/H carb.

  it's really pretty simple if you don't over think it.

  jack kean