<VV> Underside of LM Roof

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Sep 22 12:26:28 EDT 2010

In an earlier email I had asked whether the cardboard-like material
glued to the inside of the roof on an LM is typical.  The consensus was,
"yes".  However, there was no consensus on how easy it is to remove --
some said it's easy and others said the opposite.  I concluded that the
only way to remove mine was to use an angle grinder which would have
been VERY messy.

My intent was to put sound/heat absorber material on the underside of
the roof and I wanted something substantial to which to glue the
material.  Since my cardboard stuff was stuck really, really well, I
decided to seal it to provide a solid surface to which to glue the
sound/heat absorber.  I used a sealer intended for sealing porous
surfaces (like "popcorn" ceilings) and it worked really well.  The
cardboard is now hard as a rock (I used about 2/3 of a quart) and should
provide a solid surface to which to glue the sound/heat absorber
material.

Dave Keillor