<VV> GM 1965 Manual Section 6 - carbs -

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Wed Sep 22 13:54:31 EDT 2010

I started this carb adjustment because the choking fumes seemed excessive at
an idle.

I tried it on the car, and I didn't think the right - left - right - left -
right - left sequence felt right.

While I'm at it, where in the manual does it give the adjustment for the
other idle adjust screw at the base of each carb ?

Here is what I have so far ...
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaCarburetors.htm

OK, I get it now, that the carbs need to be separated so they can be set
individually, which makes sense, but is confusing the first time you try it.

The hardest part was getting the right "feel" from the paper, which seems
extremely critical but I couldn't be sure it was right.

So, remembering the ordeal I just had with the steering shaft coupling, and
how simple it was after taking the steering wheel out, I decided to do the
same here, and take the carbs out and do it where I could see what I was
doing.

Like so many other jobs, the second time you can do it blindfolded, but the
first time makes you feel like you ARE blind !

Since I'm halfway to taking the engine sheet metal cover off, I'm going to
put the carbs on hold to see if there are any obstructions there, so I won't
have to "upset" the carbs again to that later ...

Charlie