<VV> Date change WAS Just wrong... Maybe not

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 22 14:32:56 EDT 2010

Indeed. But before everyone loses their perspective, let me sumarize the
story.

The board originally picked a date which, at the time was open. They then
signed a contract with the host hotel for that date. It was later that the
"other" organization laid their event over top of our already set
convention date. Thus, the board did nothing wrong, but was "stuck" with an
undesirable conflict not of their making. Also, apparently, they were
unable to make any changes due to the signed contract. Again, they did
nothing wrong in not trying to change the contract.

What just happened was that the host hotel developed a conflict of their
own, and asked us if we would be willing to change the convention date. To
their credit, the board jumped at the chance. It was therefore just dumb
luck, and not an initiative from the board, that deserves the credit for
the move. But the board does come out smelling like a rose because of it.

Note that the board DOES deserve credit for not letting this opportunity
slip past them.

-Mark

the HOST HOTEL had a time conflict of their own and was interested in
moving the CORSA date one week forward.  It was not because of action by
the board but, at least the BoD must have agreed to the change.
> Ken P
>
> ********************************
> Lon Anderson <lonzovair at aol.com> wrote:
>
> Guy,
> I got the opposite vibe from Hankie-poo...
> I took it as " This is an occassion of the BoD being PROactive, and
actually looking into doing something even after having heard "Oh well,
this contract was signed a YEAR ago, and we cannot change it... yadda yadda
yadda..."..."
> I think the host hotel was willing to help in this matter as well, so
it's a WIN-WIN situation...
> After all the bad talk and or perception of how hard-headed the BoD has
been/can be, I think this was Hank's intention of saying "Attaboy"... (with
maybe a slight mumbling of "it's about time..." under a slight cough...)...
> We have all heard how hard it is to get something done in a timely matter
as well (with ANY board or committee), and a big KUDOS goes out to the
BoD... at least from me. (although this will in no way affect my plans of
attending EITHER event-still just working parttime, trying to make ends
meet, so a trip out west isn't in the cards... just the fact that someone
started looking into the matter makes me smile, though!)... Good job guys!
> Later,
> Lonzo

President