<VV> Promoting the Corvair Hobby

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Fri Sep 24 08:12:06 EDT 2010

Hey everybody! Just for the record CORSA and/or the CPF
has paid every invoice that I sent them. We are square.
The MuseumBrier Tour was a great way to travel around a
bit and see new show venues that I wouldn't have seen
otherwise. My only disappointment was that I hauled so
much "stuff" around that I had to implement a trailer for
the 'Brier. We all know that driving a Corvair is a lot
more fun than pulling a trailer behind your pickup truck,
right?

Perhaps someone else out there wants to try this next
year? You don't have to run 8,000 miles like I did. You
don't have to haul around a Corvair on a trailer. You
don't need rare artifacts from the dark corners of Pete
Cimbala's CPF garage storage area. You don't even need a
tent. All you need is the desire to help the club and talk
to new, interesting people about the hobby that you enjoy.
It isn't that difficult.

My time as a CPF volunteer has come to end with the
completion of the Fitch Sprint re-restoration project and
the MB Promotional Tour. Over the winter I will be working
on saving 1960 Corvair #375. I also have another potential
AACA HPOF (Historic Preservation of Original Features)
candidate in the form of a 1965 Monza coupe. If my buddy
Clark Hartzel doesn't buy it and drive it into the ground
(way to go, Clark!) it may show up at the 100th
Anniversary of Chevrolet VCCA meet in Flint, Michigan next
year. And if Clark does buy it and drive all over the
place then good for him! That is very simple way that all
of us can promote our hobby; just be hobbyists. Drive your
Corvair and have a positive spin about us when asked by
John Q. Public when he sees you in your 'Vair. That isn't
too much to ask, is it? - Caveman Pete in PA