<VV> [Corsabod] The tent & PR

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Sep 24 12:55:11 EDT 2010

flat6vair at comcast.net wrote:
> Are YOU volunteering Bob?

If that is your answer, then I submit that you don't get it.

It is the responsibility of the CORSA Board to pull this together, not
wait for a volunteer to do it.  We have had way too much of the CORSA
Board waiting/hoping that a volunteer will magically appear to do any
number of things that need to be done.  The Board needs to be active --
to set goals, outline plans, identify potential promotional
opportunities, make budgets, assemble needed materials, and, yes,
recruit volunteers to perform defined tasks.

If you are just going to wait and hope that volunteers appear to do it
all, then at best you are going to get what you got this past year with
Pete -- a project undertaken without Board approval or budgeting.  At
best.  You got lucky with Pete; he was responsible and dedicated.

If you want someone to volunteer, then you have to tell people what it
is you want done and what resources are available to them.

--Bob Marlow