<VV> 1967 Monza 110 PG HV Carb Questions

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Sep 26 19:28:32 EDT 2010

On Sep 26, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Charles Lee wrote:

> Found green grunge, although carbs seem clean otherwise (fuel filters etc)

The green grunge is what you get with new fuels.  I've found the same stuff in carbs that dried out.

> Fuel floats are OK (?) but bowls look "dusty" after a few days in So Cal
> heat...
>
> Here's what I found so far :
>
> http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaCarbQuestions.htm

The 'enrichment needle' isn't, it's the acc pump discharge needle.  Hit it with cleaner, invert the bowl, and rap it on a block of wood usually gets it out for me.

> Am I looking at a rebuild, or can this be simply cleaned ?

The basic 'rebuild' is essentially cleaning and new gaskets.

--Bryan