<VV> Orphan show,was: Today

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 26 21:14:01 EDT 2010

I just got back from the Ypsi Orphan show, which had been postponed from
June. There were probably about 40 or so Corvairs there, as it was the
featured car. Pete Cimbala brought some CORSA promotional items, also. Most
years were represented, except for '68 and '69. Most of the cars were
coupes or convertibles, with one Lakewood, several EM 4doors (all '60
models), two LM 4doors, a Rampy, GB, and a couple other FC's.

The weather was a bit cold at the start, but warmed up to a tollerably cool
but comfortable day. I drove my LM 4door about 150 miles each way, almost
all the way on 4 lane divided. Still enjoyable, and the car performed
flawlessly as usual. David E. Davis was there, and I talked with him for a
couple minutes. The "Favorite Corvair" class award was won by a beautiful
EM resale-red Spyder convert.

All told, a beautiful day and great time were had by all.

-Mark

So