<VV> CARB / PARTS IN GENERAL CLEANING

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 19:35:12 EDT 2010

OK, since we're tossing carb tips around....

When I rebuild carbs, I coat both sides of the paper gaskets with
"ChapStick". I've never had a problem taking the carbs apart later, no
matter how long they've been sitting or in use. It's not that I'm too cheap
to buy new gaskets, I just hate scraping the old gasket off the surface of
the carbs!

George Jones
--------------------------------
Eastern Division Director,
Corvair Society of America (CORSA)
Performance Corvair Group
Central Florida Corvair Club (Since 2009)
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
CORSA (since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
'66 Monza Coupe Custom

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:03 PM, corvairduval at cox.net