<VV> Piston Damage - (was: Don't let this happen to you)

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Tue Sep 28 10:54:00 EDT 2010

At 02:39 9/28/2010 -0400, Charles Lee wrote:

>It would seem that this engine was not found in a cow pasture, but fairly
>well, even expertly, maintained, so how did this bird's nest get built up so
>badly ?

It may not be a bird's nest, but mice can move a lot of nesting materials
in a very short time.  I have been having my own personal battle with mice
this year.  I have even had them build nests in the heater ductwork of our
Jeep Liberty--when the car only sat overnight between daily use.  My two
Corvairs parked in the yard have been a war zone.  I have pans of moth
balls in the trunks and engine compartments and several traps (baited with
peanut butter) in the interiors. I had a spree of catching one mouse a
night for a solid week and several more for the weeks prior and after.  It
is not like our cats are being lazy either.  I usually find evidence of 1-3
mouse dinners on our deck each morning.

Is it the weather or something?

The only vehicle they have not bothered is my Dodge truck.  Maybe I should
leave open pans of diesel in the Corvairs instead of moth balls.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI