<VV> Was: anti theft. Now: insurance claims

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Apr 1 13:27:14 EDT 2011

Ray Rodriguez III wrote:

> The car was a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire...  Fortunately State Farm Insurance took good care of me (after a
> long investigation) and my financial loss was negligible... and gah, come to think of it I think I had just bought two brand new $300 tires before I lost the car to vandalism

Ray and others:  When you have an insurance "total," and you have just
spend money on the car, the insurance companies will often take that
into account and plump up the settlement accordingly.

It doesn't work if you bought tires months or even many weeks before the
claim, but if you spent real money on maintenance and repairs just days
before a loss, it may be recoverable, at least in part.

Save your receipts!

--Bob Marlow