<VV> Speed on Public Highways

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 07:28:06 EDT 2011

Driving a '97 Acura Integra with their hot little Vtec engine. I was going
from Honda's auto plant outside Marysville OH to their East Liberty OH
plant, going the 'back way' past Honda R&D North America on State Route 739,
aka Honda's 'unofficial' test track. Six miles of brand new grooved
concrete, almost completely flat ... no traffic. Car & Driver said my car
had a top end of 132 MPH, and as Ronald Reagan said; "Trust .. but verify".

I crossed the RR tracks behind the auto plant and opened her up, getting to
136 MPH with 200 revs left before the 8400 red line. I dropped down a small
decline and felt the steering go light from air building up under the car.
That was enough for me!

jcp