<VV> Speed on Public Highways

Robert Marlow vairtec at optonline.net
Sat Apr 2 12:59:39 EDT 2011

Y'know, you guys wouldn't have to worry about any of this if you'd
just do what did:

Drive Greenbriers.

It's a lot harder to get a speeding ticket in one of them.

It *can* be done -- but it requires a relatively low speed limit and
a relatively long accelleration area...

I did see an indicated 100 mph in my '64 Greenbrier once, in the 70s,
but that was on a long, straight, slightly downhill stretch of
Interstate with a very strong tailwind.  And even with those
conditions, it took forever to get to that speed.

(When I think about that now... young driver... short wheelbase...
bias-ply tires...)

--Bob "happy to be alive" Marlow

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net