<VV> not something I did

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 2 16:13:35 EDT 2011

All these accounts of people being bad on public roads reminded me of a story a former corvair owner told me from
years ago- He had a late model with a crown conversion (not sure what engine he had in it) and was out testing his car
up in the mountains (I seem to recall he said northern california) and was going down a hill at a very high rate of speed,
noticed a police officer parked on the other side of the road taking a leak. He continued on, without slowing down, mostly because
he figured that the officer didnt have time to put his radar on him to get his speed.
 A few miles down the road, the corvair driver decides to stop and get some gas, and the police officer shows up, gives him
a ticket for doing 180 mph. The guy decides to go to court and challenge the ticket (mostly because he knew that the officer
never had a chance to get a good read on his speed at the time of the supposed infraction)- shows the judge his SCCA license
(for evidence of testing his car) and explained that he was testing his car, that there wasnt any other cars around, and then
said something about the officer not having provided any evidence of a recent radar calibration. The judge, gives him a dirty
look, says something like "dont ever let me see you in my court again, or I will have you thrown in jail!!!"- then threw out
the ticket!
Kevin Nash (never been faster than 120 in my corvairs!!)