<VV> Fwd: What causes a dead cylinder?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Apr 3 14:45:38 EDT 2011

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/

-----Original Message-----
From: Randolph Perry <rmperry.65 at gmail.com>
To: vv-help <vv-help at corvair.org>
Sent: Sun, Apr 3, 2011 7:40 am
Subject: What causes a dead cylinder?

I have found another nice car locally (read that near Augusta, GA., where I currently reside), 1966 Corvair Corsa, 140/4, fresh paint, new tires, new weather strips, fuzzies, carbs rebuilt,  compression checks on all cylinders good, just one problem, number 1 cylinder is skipping, took the plug wire off while running, didn't make a difference in the way the engine ran.  Any suggestions? Even if I don't end up buying the car, would like to help the gentleman that currently owns it out!