<VV> Fwd: Bertone Testudo (Corvair) auction in Italy

taruffi57 at aol.com taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 13:26:43 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: taruffi57 at aol.com
To: fastvair at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, Apr 6, 2011 1:25 pm
Subject: Bertone Testudo (Corvair) auction in Italy

Bertone, the famous Italian auto design house has decided to sell 6 of it's well known creations from their Museum, May 21st, through RM auctions at Villa d'Este Italy.  That would be on Lake Como in northwestern Italy.  This is a very high-end auction.  You will not find and Z28 clones or Cobra kit cars being sold here.  Among the 6 are the off-white Testudo (turtle), which is a Corvair based Coupe, and has a solid top which tilts forward for entry.  I took a couple of pics of it in their Museum at the factory during an exotic car tour Mary & I did in March 2005.  I'm sure you can Search the Internet and have a look at it.  It sure does not have any resemblance to any Corvair.

Ok, now,  who amongst our Corvairisti have the bankroll to internet bid this one and "keep it in the family"?

Joe Dunlap
Florida