<VV> oil question

Ken Clark kcvair at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:20:10 EDT 2011

Thanks for all who answered.  The suggestion of the 5W-40 sounds ok, not sure if that is the best for car with 95M original miles on it and never has been taken apart or overhauled.  Still runs great and uses small amout of  oil, maybe a qt. in 500 miles.  The car I put the Mobil 1 in has recent rebuild and I put the 10W30.  Maybe it doesn't matter if it's older engine or newly rebuilt, but may find out when they get some miles on them.   Seems like quite a difference between 5W40 and 10W30 though.
I think I'll stay away from the oil I found in the Orschln Farm and home oil even though it has the SL, which I'm not confident using any more.   Ken Clark