<VV> Gittin ready for the Mitty

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Apr 17 20:29:12 EDT 2011

Corvair Alley was very busy this week end.
I threw an engine together with an OT-30 cam and,
I adjusted the valves cold...actually it was a bit warm in the shop so I did it in my whitey tightes whilst wearing a top hat. I set the valves a 24/32nds turn in from drag on the push rod or zero lash as it were. I've never really been in to lashing. Maybe a few lashes with a wet noodle.
Still gotta install carbs and see if it will run then, load it in the race car and build a second engine. This would be a lot easier if I wasn't working full time at the moment! Can't complain, its racin money!

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com