<VV> transmission mount question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:19:48 EDT 2011

If the engine is not sitting close to its designed place the seals
will do exactly as you say, they won't stay in place because the
engine sags in the mounts. I just recently replaced all three of mine
in my 62, and at first the stick shift tube was up against the tin
cutout hole at the rear of the tunnel, but let it sit a few days and
it loosened up.

That may be a way to determine condition, where does your shift tube
ride in the slot at the aft end of the tunnel? Close to the bottom?
Mine, with new mounts, is at the top.  Mark Durham