<VV> Just got the 28, 000 mile Corsa dropped off - good news/bad news.

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 06:07:58 EDT 2011

Sounds to me like the car was loaded on the trailer backwards. someone
forgot to close the deck lid until it latched (or the decklid latch needed
to be lubed so it would latch itself), and the drive got down the road a
ways and heard the crash of the wind blowing the deck lid open.

Liability; your guess is as good as mine. Who was the last one in the deck
lid? I wouldn't count on the driver to know how to open the deck lid, let
alone to know that the latches sometimes stick in the open position.

I would think the shipping company is liable, at least in some part. The
carrier has insurance, I believe they should pay for it, but you'll probably
need someone on the loading side to verify that the cars condition when it
was loaded.

The other good news is that the back light didn't get broken, though they
are easy to find.

George Jones
Eastern Division Director,
Corvair Society of America (CORSA)
Performance Corvair Group
Central Florida Corvair Club (Since 2009)
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
CORSA (since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
'66 Monza Coupe Custom