<VV> Damage to 28000 Corsa - which pin ?

chaz at properproper.com chaz at properproper.com
Thu Apr 21 18:31:36 EDT 2011

Ah !  Yes, that support pin would get ripped by a strong wind catching
the lid the wrong way (like the roof flippers on NASCARs)

Now it all makes sense ~ I imagined the actual latch pin (on the
underside of the trailing edge), which would be a whole 'nother theory !

Still a mess, and still the transporter's liability.

I remember helping an autohauler once, who (almost) misjudged a railroad
overpass and couldn't back it out, o we let the air out of his tires
while I rode on top to make sure it fit under.
I've seen pix of auto carriers who were not wuite so careful, in cluding
a truckload of vintage Porsches ~ what a disaster !

Gotta be careful out there with your Vair when someone other than you is
in charge !

Charlie