<VV> Fuel issues Rampside

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Apr 23 20:19:48 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/23/2011 7:28:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
monza1965 at yahoo.com writes:

Out of  the pump at the Tee there is gas pumping when I crank it.I am
wondering if  the pump just doesnt have enough pumping action when going at
road
speeds.

The car manuals give a test for pump output--you collect gas in a cup at
the pump line when the engine is cranked (ground the center coil wire
first).  The manual tells you how much you should see--I don't have mine at  hand r
ight now.  If you aren't getting enough gas then the pump (or  blockage in
your resealed tank) isn't providing enough fuel to the carbs.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA